Data Scientist, NoviData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Libra payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Libra network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join Novi Customer Care growing team. In this role you will be responsible for driving the Novi Care Experience forward using data analysis and providing insights to empower Novi customers with unparalleled help and education.
You will enjoy working with customer care behavioral data sets, a world class team, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products and strategy on a regular basis.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience working with large data sets, data-driven decision making in a customer facing product environment. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive understanding, growth, and success of a product and/or strategy.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help providing Novi customers with the best customer care experience.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve problems, inform solutions creatively with a variety of data, and identify trends and opportunities.
- Set KPIs and goals, design and evaluate experiments, monitor key metrics, understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- Use exploratory analysis to discover new opportunities: understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends.
- Influence Customer Care teams through clear communication of data-based recommendations, insights, experiment results and state of business.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience doing data science / quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company
- Fluency in SQL
- Core statistical knowledge
- Experience designing and evaluating complex experiments
- Python, R or any other scripting language
- Background of Customer analytics