Data EngineerData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviIn June 2019 the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join the Blockchain Data Engineering team. Do you like working with data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products leveraging fascinating blockchain technology? Our data engineering team works very closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Economic Researchers, Compliance, and Risk Management to build intuitive, secure products to solve some of the most challenging problems, at a scale that few companies can match. This is technically challenging, will have massive global impact, and you will get to work closely with smart folks on an intellectually challenging initiative.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Tel Aviv.
- Build cross-functional relationships with engineers, product managers, data scientists and other cross functional partners to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Identify all possible use cases and business outcomes for allocated areas of ownership
- Prepare logging specifications and collaborate with engineering teams to instrument logging
- Envision and build a self-serve data platform which teams can use to answer their own questions with data
- Identify, collect and transform real-world user interaction, API's and server events data into scalable/extensible schema models
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights.