Novi New Product Initiatives, Accounting OperationsLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
The Novi Accounting Operations team is building out its infrastructure and operations to account for and report Novi’s digital wallet transactions. We are seeking an experienced accounting professional who will be responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of Novi product offerings and new initiatives globally. This individual would have a proven record of supporting new products and initiatives go-to-market in a fast-paced environment.
The Lead/Manager will work closely with members of US and international accounting operations teams, tax and other finance functions, as well as cross-functional business teams. The individual must be a self-starter, fast learner and capable of working with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. The candidate will be expected to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems, recommend solutions and support go-to-market, and exercise good business judgment while performing these functions. The candidate is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a broad accounting operations and industry background, as well as strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between Product and Project business teams, Engineering and the broad Finance organizations. Effective time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects are essential to the success of this role.
- Build and strengthen working relationships and scale with the growth of business teams to ensure integration with various business functions, bring accounting ops awareness and champion accounting ops requirements
- Support expansion for new digital asset product launches by scoping, defining and communicating accounting requirements and framework of our infrastructure, processes, policies, and timelines to cross-functional teams
- Responsible for integrating and operationalizing accounting systems and processes of these new product initiatives, including performing/reviewing key testing and partnering closely with US & International Novi accounting ops team for successful integration and product launches
- Support in documenting processes and policies while partnering with Internal Audit to identify risks and define mitigating procedures
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance and timely address cross-functional finance and business teams’ inquiries
- Review partner contracts to ensure consistency with system and accounting results
- Provide support for external financial statement and regulatory compliance audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years of accounting experience with time spent at a public company
- Experience with combination of relevant industry and consulting
- Experience working with and in a cross-functional team
- Financial services industry experience such as fintech and payments
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, results-oriented and self-motivated
- Analytical skills, flexibility, and creativity
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability