Treasury Manager, NoviLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We are building Treasury infrastructure, operations and strategies for Novi’s digital wallet. Novi Treasury partners closely with the company’s product, engineering and business leaders to deliver world class Treasury and digital currency management services. Our team interfaces with a multitude of internal business partners and external stakeholders including financial institutions and central banks.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Treasury professional to join this growing team. In this role, you will support many aspects of Treasury operations for Novi’s digital wallet. In the Sarbanes-Oxley environment, process controls and discipline are essential. The candidate must be familiar with Treasury systems and controls that provide accurate and timely information within the bounds of regulatory and policy compliance. Attention to detail, organization, and a deep passion to learn, will also be key to your success.
The candidate we seek will bring relevant Treasury experience in a fast-paced business environment. The candidate must have experience working in a global Treasury or financial services organization, strong knowledge in the cash management and trading operations aspects of Treasury.
- Responsible for Novi’s digital wallet daily operations: liquidity management, trading, coin float management and cold storage
- Set up core banking infrastructure to support the Novi’s digital wallet operations
- Manage daily cash management, forecasting and reporting activities including trading activities for digital coins and foreign currencies
- Manage daily cash settlements activities and trade execution with liquidity providers
- Develop & implement global treasury technology solutions and processes to enable efficient digital wallet operations for Novi
- Responsible for SOX and policy compliance for Novi Treasury’s operational activities
- Develop strong partnership across Facebook Finance, Product and Enterprise Engineering to bring well rounded solutions
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in Treasury or Financial Services operations in a global and publicly traded company
- Knowledge of payments, cash forecasting, cash management, liquidity strategy and banking services
- Experience with trading operations and asset custody
- Analytical & Excel skills
- Experience in managing cryptocurrency operations
- Experience with foreign exchange market and trading
- Strong prioritization and experience in project management
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple projects simultaneously