Research Leader, NoviResearch | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviNovi is looking for a Research Leader with excellent research, communication and people management skills. Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet that lets you save, send, and spend Libra. The wallet will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app — and we expect to launch in 2020.
At the moment we're a small, fast-growing, and talented group of researchers who are passionate about changing the world. It's safe to say the team's mission is big, bold, and needs outstanding leadership to come to fruition.
Our work aims to understand the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Our methods range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involves close collaboration between researchers and our cross-functional partners.
What makes a good candidate? Someone who has exceptional research skills, but who also understands the balance between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and product decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product vertical, and across multiple research disciplines. The role requires you to be an expert researcher with a proven track record of doing research that impacts a complex and diverse product. You will be required to articulate the vision of the team to design and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. You must be a data expert, but also know when to trust your gut. You must be an overall expert in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You must build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Keen eye for and focus on impact
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Recruiting talent
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research, and track record of using data to make arguments
- Connections in the UX world and experience helping attract and retain researchers
- Experience in all areas of research (including design research, market research and quantitative research)
- Track record of translating research into design and product
- People management experience