Novi Security EngineerSecurity | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020. Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass. We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
The Novi security team is seeking security engineers with strong experience developing secure product infrastructure and security tooling. You will work with a dedicated security team focused on securing the Novi products, design and build security infrastructure and tooling to the highest standard. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a various codebase and implement with best security practices and coding standards. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Collaborate closely with our Security, Privacy, Compliance and Software Engineer team to define, architect, and build secure infrastructure and tooling to support Novi products.
- Work on sensitive security and fintech-related issues, including securing financial transactions and personal information (Know Your Customer), and exploring cutting edge authentication, authorization, and cryptography protocols.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives. Contribute to security engineering planning and execution.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or 2+ years in software development experience
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy best practices in delivering world-class software and services
- Experience in security focused design, development, and/or architecture
- Experience with one or more core security concepts: Linux/Android OS and platform security experience, Application security concepts, operating systems security concepts, authentication/authorization/and identity systems, or secure coding practices
- Experience with an interpreted (Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, etc.) or compiled (Rust, C++, Swift, Kotlin, etc.) programming languages
- Experience partnering with multiple engineering teams to define reusable infrastructure