Business Development Manager, NoviBusiness Development & Partnerships | Miami, Florida
About NoviThe Novi Partnerships team is seeking a professional seasoned in payments and financial technology products in the Latin America region to forge financial services partnerships for our cryptocurrency-based remittance payments service and wallet. This candidate will have successfully led complex, first-of-kind deals for successful service platforms in Latin America.
The candidate will have strong experience and networks in Central America.
The candidate will possess a deep knowledge of the regional payments landscape with payment processors, payouts specialists, banks, mobile network operators, financial technology companies, and other payment service providers from both a technology and market perspective, and will have strong experience setting product direction.
- Drive Novi’s growth and engagement through regional and local partnerships with leading processors, pay-outs firms, banks, issuers, and other payment service providers such as mobile network operators and retailers
- Foster win-win partnerships between Novi and these partner companies, shepherding and growing relationships at CxO levels
- Work in a highly cross-functional environment to reflect our partners’ perspectives in product conception, partner integration, finance processes, and marketing/go-to-market planning to ensure the best product experience
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of partner performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, inform the product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality for the region
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Willingness to travel 15%-30%, both domestically and internationally
- 15+ years of business development experience
- Experience and network in Latin America
- Experience working with commercial agreements and negotiating
- Experience in a business development and partnerships role in an early stage startup and/or in payments and financial technology companies including mobile wallets, or supporting those product groups
- Experience working closely with product and engineering, legal, government relations, compliance, and marketing
- Experience in directing mobile application development, product development, and defining go-live commercial plans with third parties
- Professional fluency in Spanish
- Engineering, MBA or JD degree
- Experience as founder of venture capital-backed technology startup
- Basic/working level Portuguese