Business Development Manager, EMEA - Novi FinancialBusiness Development & Partnerships | London, United Kingdom
About NoviThe Novi Partnerships team is seeking a professional seasoned in payments and financial technology products in both Europe as well as in the emerging and frontier markets. To help forge financial services partnerships for our cryptocurrency-based, remittance payments service and wallet. This individual will have successfully led complex, first-of-kind deals for successful platforms in EMEA. They will bring deep experience and networks in Europe, Middle East and Western and Sub Saharan Africa and ideally in other emerging countries such as in LATAM and SE Asia. The successful candidate should have several years of permanent residence and relevant professional experience outside of Europe in the emerging and frontier markets.
They will possess a deep familiarity with regional payment processors, payouts specialists, mobile network operators, banks, fintech and other payment service providers from both a technology and market perspective, and will have strong experience setting product direction.
They will have experience in other regulated industries in the region, such as telecommunications, and have navigated complex regulatory and policy landscapes, as well as demonstrated success in large-scale enterprise sales or joint ventures in the region.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and takes an opportunistic but strategic approach to business development as Novi launches and grows.
This role will be based in our London office.
- Help drive Novi’s growth and engagement through regional and local partnerships with leading processors, pay-outs firms, banks, issuers, and other payment service providers
- Foster win-win partnerships between Novi and these partner companies, shepherding and growing relationships at CxO levels
- Work in a highly cross-functional environment to reflect our partners’ perspectives in product conception, partner integration, finance processes, and marketing/go-to-market planning to ensure the best product experience possible reaches the right users
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of partner performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, inform the product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality for the region
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Be the voice and champion of our financial services partners to the overall Novi organization
- Extensive experience working in business development
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Demonstrated success in highly cross-functional, collaborative deal-making environments, and experience working closely with product & engineering, legal, government relations, compliance, and marketing
- Experience in a business development and partnerships role in an early stage startup, and/or investment experience in early stage companies, in emerging markets
- Experience in payments and financial technology companies, including mobile wallets, or supporting those product groups
- Professional fluency in at least one European language and/or Arabic, in addition to English
- Willingness to travel 15%-30%, both domestically and internationally
- Engineering, MBA or JD degree
- Extensive years of experience managing partners and structuring and negotiating agreements
- Experience at a relevant trade association, such as the Euro Banking Association or GSMA Association