Compliance Officer, Consumer Protection - NoviNovi Financial | Remote, US
About NoviIn June 2019, the Diem Association announced plans for Diem – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Diem network. Diem's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2021.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Diem network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Diem to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our team is looking for a Compliance Officer to help design and implement a global Consumer Protection Compliance program. You will identify and analyze our regulatory requirements, and create policies, procedures and controls to ensure Novi is fully compliant with all Consumer Protection requirements (e.g. financial processing disclosures, marketing and advertising disclosures, remittance receipts, statements). You will coordinate with our Product, Legal, Policy and other teams to ensure holistic approaches to these requirements. You will work closely with Operations, Anti-Fraud, Engineering, Marketing and other teams to design and implement controls within our business to ensure compliance. You will ensure that appropriate functional subject matter experts within Compliance, Legal, Data Science, Engineering, Product and other teams are integrated within the programs appropriately. You will ensure organization and discipline within our projects, and escalate any roadblocks timely for prompt resolution.
In addition, you will assist in helping create and oversee the overall compliance program, with a focus on payments compliance. You will help with monitoring and testing, training, and ensuring that the product is being built in a compliant fashion.
- Design and implement a global Consumer Protection Compliance Program, including integration with Facebook systems and processes
- Provide guidance to the business and other stakeholders
- Oversee the execution of project management associated with all relevant implementations
- Work closely with our Legal team to identify and monitor applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure our Product ecosystem including those involving our business partners results in accurate disclosures and processing per our expectations
- Serve as project leader in coordinating with key cross-functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Operations, Data Analytics) to ensure effective implementation and functioning of the program
- Lead the relationship and partnership with our Compliance Operations function, provide customer-centric advice in designing our operational processes, and lead the design and implementation
- Ensure we have a comprehensive Complaints program implemented to identify, classify, resolve complaints and perform regulator trending for root causes and changes needed for our control environment
- Lead the prioritization of building the different elements of the program, in working with other Compliance and cross-functional team members
- Manage internal and external stakeholders in relation to audits, inspections and examinations including regulators, and ensuring findings are remediated appropriately
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments within the broader compliance and blockchain space and ensure changes are properly implemented
- Responsible for engagement with industry, government or regulators
- Ensure all reporting obligations are identified and completed timely
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial compliance and regulations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- Knowledge of Consumer Protection Compliance in Financial Services, and other related financial regulations globally (e.g. Payments regulations, Lending regulations)
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert in designing Consumer Compliance programs, creating business requirements from first principles, advising in the creation of technical specifications, working with Product/Engineering/Data Science in building end-to-end systems, and performing monitoring and adjustments as needed
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Experience implementing regulatory and other policy requirements
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams, like lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building compliance processes and systems
- Experience in the blockchain and financial services environments
- Experience in mix of government/regulatory, and financial services/technology industries