Novi Accounting Operations Manager, Global Wallet LeadLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
The Novi Accounting Operations team is building out its infrastructure and operations to account for and report Novi’s digital wallet transactions. Novi Accounting Operations partners closely with various internal stakeholders including the company’s product and engineering teams. We are seeking an experienced accounting professional who has worked on cross-functional projects with a focus on building and operationalizing accounting systems and processes and has experience with accounting and reconciling large volume transactions. The candidate will need to be independent and self-motivated with a strong desire to understand how things work, organized with attention to detail, and flexible in this rapidly growing environment. This role has leadership accountability, responsible for developing and implementing scalable processes and technology, and manage the accounting operation of the wallet platform. This role will be reporting to the Novi’s Controller.
- Responsible for the accounting operations of the wallet activities, including monthly/quarterly journal entries and reconciliation of wallet activities for Novi coin inventory transactions, incentive payouts, partner payments, and other non-wallet transactions
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop technology solutions and processes to enable efficient global accounting operations of wallet activities, including automation of accounting infrastructure and build to support timely and accurate financial reporting
- Review partner contracts to ensure consistency with system and accounting results and develop standard playbook for terms and processes
- Support expansion for new digital asset product launches by defining and communicating accounting requirements and framework of our infrastructure, processes, policies, and timelines to cross-functional teams and by performing key testing for successful integration and product launches
- Oversight of processes and policies related to accounting operations of wallet activities by partnering with Internal Audit to identify risks and define mitigating procedures
- Hire, develop and retain Novi accounting operations’ wallet team
- Provide support for external financial statement and regulatory compliance audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of accounting experience with time spent at a public company
- Month-end close and other accounting operations experience
- Experience with cross-functional accounting automation projects
- Financial services industry experience such as fintech and payments
- 3+ years of people management experience