Marketing Manager, Novi Merchant ServicesSales & Marketing | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Libra payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Libra network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We are looking for an experienced individual to develop and deliver our marketing strategy for our merchant services business. You will focus on helping us drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant coverage and enhance the value for merchants to accept Libra Coin. You will be responsible for operationalizing our launch plan, leading marketing initiatives with strategic partners and driving acquisition, activation and engagement with target merchant groups. In addition, you will also empower merchants to drive consumer awareness and adoption of Novi merchant services via their own channels.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in payments marketing, and understands the merchants services business as it relates to processing, risk, and pricing. You have experience in both B2B and B2B2C marketing and are adept at positioning and message development for the merchant segment. In addition, your knowledge on eCommerce and ability to understand online merchants’ needs will help drive end-to-end execution at scale.
Collaboration, thinking out-of-the-box and a “whatever it takes” mindset are key drivers to how you get things done. Problem-solving comes naturally and your ability to build consensus is a key strength to your success. You’ll use your operational skills to bring our strategic plan to life in close partnership with sales, partnerships and product teams. The individual is able to work autonomously and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Develop the global and local marketing strategy to drive profitable growth for the Novi Merchant Services.
- Craft positioning and messaging that differentiates our solution in the market and enhances the value for merchants to accept Libra Coin.
- Support sales and partnerships teams with B2B materials that will help them sell into the channel more effectively.
- Operationalize merchant acquisition plans - identify and drive the development of solutions that meet the needs of distribution partners
- build end-to-end multi-channel marketing and communication plans across appropriate mediums.
- Roll-out activation and engagement initiatives with target merchant groups.
- Support the development of best-in-class B2B2C marketing plans in partnership with merchants to drive consumer adoption of Libra Coin.
- 8+ years of SMB/enterprise merchant marketing experience in the payments/fintech/ financial services sector.
- B2B product marketing/partner marketing experience.
- Understanding of merchant and payment provider business drivers.
- Leadership skills with experience working in white space and providing strategic recommendations.
- Experience translating ambiguity/strategy/complex problems into actionable solutions with proven success in executing end-to-end, large-scale marketing initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of merchant acquisition channels, in particular for online merchants, and ways to drive continued merchant engagement.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively across a global organization.
- Experience establishing effective relationships, influence, driving consensus and collaborating internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Motivated and confident self-starter, team player and experience communicating up/down/across the organization.
- Online/eCommerce experience
- Global/international merchant services experience
- Familiarity with Facebook’s Global Marketing Solutions (GMS) teams