Novi Accounting Manager, IntercompanyLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We are seeking an experienced accounting professional who will provide exceptional leadership to the intercompany and general ledger processes for our Novi Accounting Operations team. The candidate will need to be independent and self-motivated with a strong desire to understand how things work, be organized with attention to detail, and be flexible in this rapidly growing environment.
- Manage the intercompany accounting process. Responsible for ongoing development of intercompany related processes and improvements
- Prepare and review journal entries for intercompany and other assigned GL areas
- Reconcile and review intercompany accounts and ensure settlements are completed on a timely basis. Also responsible for the reconciliations of other assigned GL areas
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close and reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Tax, Treasury, IT, FP&A, etc.) to identify opportunities to improve and standardize accounting processes
- Assist with quarterly Balance Sheet and P&L variance analysis, and developing a process for quarterly management reporting
- Document processes and policies while partnering with Internal Audit to identify risks and define mitigating procedures
- Provide support for external financial statement and regulatory compliance audits
- Responsible for other general ledger related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- 7+ years of intercompany accounting, transfer pricing and GL experience with time spent at a public company
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Month-end close, reconciliations, and other accounting operations experience
- Financial analytical skills with experience identifying incongruities and anomalies in balances
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and demonstrated experience in driving process improvements
- CPA preferred
- Oracle ERP experience in GL and intercompany
- Financial services industry experience such as fintech and payments