Global Head of AML, NoviLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our team is looking for a leader to drive the strategy, development and implementation of all aspects of Novi's BSA/AML Compliance obligations. The leader will be responsible for ensuring that our AML policies and procedures are designed to comply with BSA/AML related laws and regulations globally, as well as our internal requirements. The leader will drive the identification of potential Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing threat scenarios for the entire blockchain ecosystem relevant to Novi's global business, and ensure we are apply highly sophisticated risk-based automated solutions in monitoring and responding to these. You will be leading our response to compliance risks, building advanced and novel prevention and detection mechanisms, keeping abreast of the latest typologies, and developing systems to implement mitigation. You will blend existing financial services typologies and evaluate future typologies that will apply to our business. We are looking for people that love stopping criminal activity and developing monitoring methodologies to detect their activity. You will be responsible for the oversight of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) activities and have direct ownership to ensure all our monitoring alerts processing and reporting obligations are being managed appropriately.
- Lead the strategy, implementation, and execution of our BSA/AML program
- Ensure compliance with current AML regulations, and other relevant legislations
- Serve as the subject matter expert in coordinating with key cross-functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Operations, Data Analytics) to ensure effective implementation and functioning of the program
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment framework for products and services, customers, and other factors of our business
- Lead the creation of risk-based Transaction Monitoring strategy, program, policies and procedures, and systems
- Ensure that review, resolution, escalation, and reporting of suspicious activity alerts are handled per expectations
- Design processes relating to identification of suspicious activity and associated reporting to regulatory authorities
- Manage AML related audits and inspections from external parties including regulators, and ensuring findings are remediated appropriately
- Be the main interface point with internal and external stakeholders in explaining our compliance risk and control environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance, with a specialty in BSA/AML
- Knowledge of BSA/AML regulations globally
- Knowledge of and experience in Transaction Monitoring program implementations, including building and evaluating vendor systems
- Knowledge of red flag indicators and typologies used in online, mobile and blockchain-based environments
- Experience working at a hands on level with other groups like engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building AML processes and systems
- Experience interfacing with regulators and other governmental stakeholders, as well as internal senior management
- Minimum 10 years completing BSA/AML compliance work
- Background in AML program implementation in blockchain and large global financial services/tech environments
- Experience with vendor platforms in the blockchain environments
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification