Sanctions Compliance Lead, NoviLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our team is looking for a leader for designing and implementing a global Sanctions Compliance program. You will lead the identification and analysis of our regulatory requirement and create policies, procedures and controls to ensure Novi is fully compliant with all Sanctions requirements. You will be the main advisor to the business and other stakeholders for this functional area. You will coordinate with our Sanctions Legal, Policy and other teams to ensure holistic approaches to these requirements. You will work closely with our Compliance Operations team to design and implement operational procedures and processes for highly effective sanctions related processing. You will lead interactions with governmental and supervisory authorities and industry bodies, as well as other business partner organizations.
You will be the central leader responsible for implementing key cross-functional programs and integrations with the existing Facebook systems and processes. In addition, you will lead the relationship and advisory associated with the building of our Compliance Operations team. You will ensure that appropriate functional subject matter experts within Compliance, Legal, Data Science, Engineering, Product and other teams are integrated within the programs appropriately. You will ensure organization and discipline within our projects, and escalate any roadblocks timely for prompt resolution.
- Lead the creation and execution of our global Sanctions Compliance Program implementation plan, including integration with Facebook systems and processes
- Provide guidance to the business and other stakeholders as a central leader of the function
- Oversee the execution of project management associated with all relevant implementations
- Serve as project leader in coordinating with key cross-functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Operations, Data Analytics) to ensure effective implementation and functioning of the program
- Lead the relationship and partnership with our Compliance Operations function, provide advice regarding the design of our operational processes, and lead the design and implementation
- Lead the prioritization of building the different elements of the program, in working with other Compliance and cross-functional team members
- Manage internal and external stakeholders in relation to audits, inspections and examinations including regulators, and ensuring findings are remediated appropriately
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments within the broader compliance and blockchain space and ensure changes are properly implemented
- Responsible for engagement with industry, government or regulators
- Ensure all reporting obligations are identified and completed timely
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- Knowledge of Sanctions Compliance and other related financial regulations globally
- Working experience in building relationships with regulators, including explaining details of Sanctions Compliance
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert in designing Sanctions programs, creating business requirements from first principles, advising in the creation of technical specifications, working with Product/Engineering/Data Science in building end-to-end systems, and performing monitoring and adjustments as needed
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Experience implementing regulatory and other policy requirements
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams, like lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building compliance processes and systems
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial compliance and regulations
- Experience in the blockchain and financial services environments
- Experience in mix of government/regulatory, and financial services/technology industries